1. Springfield Schools Foundation “Teaching and Learning” Grants are available to all staff members in Springfield Local Schools.
2. To be eligible for a grant, applicants must propose an innovative and creative project that will enrich and enhance student learning beyond the scope of normal required school expenditures and the required course of study.
3. The maximum classroom award from the Foundation will be $1500. (Projects that require more than $1500 can also be submitted for referral to the Foundation’s Grants Committee which develops applications for outside grants.)
4. Grants are awarded through a blind review process, conducted by members of the Foundation’s Classroom Grant Committee. Identifying information should appear only on the first page of the application. Please do not include your name or the name of your school in the description of your project.
5. Applications are considered twice during each school year and awards given in November and April. Application deadlines will be posted 30 days prior to award.
6. Grant recipients agree to encumber grant funds within 90 days from notification of award. Documentation of expenses must be submitted to the Foundation office located at the high school. Request for reimbursement must be made to the SLS Treasurer. All materials acquired through Foundation grants become the property of the Springfield School District.
7. Grant recipients will be expected to provide the Foundation with a written report about their project and other appropriate documentation. They may be asked to share their project and its results with other teachers in the District or members of the Foundation’s board of directors.
8. The application form is available at the Foundation’s website (www.springfieldschoolsfoundation.org) Applications (including building principal comments) are due by 5 p.m. on the posted deadline date.
Electronic submissions must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Criteria used to evaluate grants are included in the rubric, which can be found on the Springfield Schools Foundation website, under Educator Resources. Frequently asked questions are also answered on the website. If an applicant has additional questions, questions can be e-mailed to email@example.com